* why don’t you do it, dammit?

Posted on April 17th, 2017 by Alex. Filed under Funny Emails.

Subject: IED
Date: Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 3:10 PM

Sir, our group no. is 75. Our group member ████████ has left the college. Therefore need a group member. So ,please do a needful.

Of course, sir, right away! Naturally I could have shot back in the same tone. However let’s change strategy by sending a totally unrelated reply:

Subject: Re: IED
Date: Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 4:43 PM

Oh thank you. Merry Christmas to you too.

Alex

30 minutes later…

Subject: Re: IED
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 17:17:59 +0530

Merry Christmas to you also sir, enjoy..

On Dec 20, 2016 4:43 PM, “Alexander Fell” wrote:

> Oh thank you. Merry Christmas to you too.
> Alex

Ok, so far so good. I thought that the student understood, why I sent that reply. But no, he was not able to get it:

Subject: Re: IED
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 12:11:06 +0530

Sir, as I told you before that one of our group member ████████ has left the college and we are only three members in our group but now the problem is that our group member YYYYYYYY has also left the college and as result we are only tow members left in the group. So please do the needful

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 4:43 PM, Alexander Fell wrote:

> Oh thank you. Merry Christmas to you too.
> Alex

Of course, as you told me before…

4 Responses to “why don’t you do it, dammit?”

1. Anonymous Says:

Didn’t the semester end in December first week. How is the IED course going till Jan of next year?
    Now I am beginning to think that your stories are false Alex.

2. Alex Says:

IED started in October 2016 with a presentation in DC (as far as I remember). At that time the students were told that they have to form groups and submit an idea by the end of the year (Dec 2016). That is necessary, because finding ideas is a process which cannot be timed and while IED is actually in the syllabus, the students already have an idea and can start planning it out immediately. See? Nothing is false here.

3. Anonymous Says:

Dude, I was just joking. You cannot take sarcasm or what.

4. Alex Says:

Duh! Maybe you should work on your sarcasm skills, Anonymous.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS